"Senior managers are impressed I'm finding a way to earn my PhD while handling a hectic schedule. It wouldn't be possible without the flexibility provided by Walden."
David Solot | PhD in Psychology Student
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
The Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program is based on nursing guidelines established by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN). Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education* (CCNE), the graduate degree curriculum can provide you with the tools you need to teach others and prepare for current and future career opportunities in various advanced practice nursing specialties.
In this program, you will be prepared to:
- Evaluate the health needs of diverse populations and create effective coaching and teaching strategies to restore and maintain health.
- Improve health outcomes for individuals and communities through specialist nursing practice.
- Use information technology to deliver specialized nursing care.
- Evaluate evidence-based literature to develop best practices for specialized nursing care.
Receive a 10% tuition reduction if you reside outside the US and start this program today. Contact one of our enrollment advisors at 855.203.8964 to learn more.
Complete the Request Information form
An enrollment advisor will contat you to answer your questions.
Choose the proper program that's right for you, then submit your application.
Get started. Request Information
South African graduate, Penelope Gill, believes her Walden education helped her better focus on social change. Watch the video below to hear how.
Walden is a committed to nurturing the next generation of leaders in the nursing field. The program, taught by expert faculty, is available to registered nurses with a hospital diploma, associate degree in nursing, or bachelor’s degree.
- Leadership and Management: Prepare for a management role as a nurse administrator by understanding a systems approach to organizational structures that impact quality of care and patient outcomes. Gain strategies in decision making, planning, finance, and human resources.
- Nursing Education: This specialization addresses the growing need for nurse educators in the private and public sectors. Prepare for educator roles in practice settings and for faculty positions in undergraduate nursing programs. Explore ways to use technology in a variety of teaching methods.
- Nursing Informatics: Knowledge of and competence in nursing informatics is increasingly important in the healthcare field. Study how technology systems and workflows can improve and expedite communication and patient data. This specialization can help prepare you for the Informatics Nursing Certification through ANCC.
- Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner: Gain special training to assess, diagnose, provide therapy, and prescribe medications for patients with psychiatric disorders, medical organic brain disorders, and substance abuse issues. Prepare to treat patients across the life span in a variety of settings, from psychiatric hospitals to mental health clinics to schools.
Why a Walden MSN?
Exceptional Student Support from our 24/7 tech support, Writing Center, Career Services Center, and more.
Cutting-Edge Technology - Comprehensive learning tools, such as i-Human simulated case scenarios, complement program work.
11-Week Courses - Each course is followed by a 2-week break.
For assistance deciding which program fits your goals, call an enrollment advisor at: