"Senior managers are impressed I'm finding a way to earn my PhD while handling a hectic schedule. It wouldn't be possible without the flexibility provided by Walden."
David Solot | PhD in Psychology Student
MS in Health Informatics
With increased attention on reducing healthcare costs, expanding access to quality care, and improving the quality of services, the role of health informatics is recognized as a critical component of healthcare reform. Walden is a leader in delivering innovative and relevant programs and has demonstrated expertise in health informatics management through a related specialization in its School of Nursing.
Through Walden’s MS in Health Informatics program, you can gain the tools and skills you need to integrate advanced digital technologies into the field of healthcare and use electronic data to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of healthcare delivery. Learn how new technologies can improve the diagnosis, treatment, and outcomes of disease, as well as reduce the occurrences of medical errors.
Receive a 10% tuition reduction if you reside outside the US and start this program today. Contact one of our enrollment advisors at +1-443-627-7222 to learn more.
Complete the Request Information form
An enrollment advisor will contat you to answer your questions.
Choose the proper program that's right for you, then submit your application.
Get started. Request Information
Through our MS in Health Informatics online program, graduates of this program will:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of new and existing digital technology and health information management systems within the context of the U.S. health care system.
- Prepare to lead in the development, implementation, evaluation and management of information technology solutions to improve patient health and the health care delivery process.
- Use health informatics to reduce the occurrence of medical errors.
- Utilize health information technology for decision making support, knowledge management, strategic planning, and outcomes assessment and management to optimize cost efficiencies in the health care system.
- Effectively interface between the data systems developers and the user community.
- Facilitate the development and advancement of eHealth initiatives and other emerging information technologies to improve health care delivery and cost efficiencies.
- Analyze data to identify early patterns of diseases, illness, and injury and review prevention and treatment options.
The MS in Health Informatics program was designed to provide students with:
- A curriculum that reflects the current industry standards and principles
- Timely perspectives from a team of subject matter experts, including current best thinking by industry thought leaders, health management experts, national policy makers, and researchers.
- Current texts, articles, and interactive media along with experience with emerging technologies.
- Opportunities to apply theory to practice through a practicum, which enables students to integrate the knowledge and skills acquired throughout the program.
For assistance deciding which program fits your goals, call an enrollment advisor at: